Questions of Interest to Patients:
- What is the difference between an “allograft” vs. “autograft” knee ligament implant?
- How safe are allograft ligament implants?
- Can my knee become infected, or can I contract a transmissible disease, from an implanted ligament allograft?
- What safety measures do tissue banks take to prevent allograft contamination and patient infection?
- Why doesn’t the FDA require that all tissue allografts be certified as sterile?
- Can more be done to improve allograft tissue safety?
- Does the technology exist to sterilize knee ligament allografts without compromising their strength?
Learn the answers to these questions and
more, by clicking on the links below:
Additional information may also be found at www.clearant.com